The Globe - South Bethlehem
Monday, February 26, 1917
Score at Half Was 3-0 and the Final Score 7-0 - Field Was Water Soaked.

Bethlehem soccer team and an All-Star team picked from the Nativity and East End played a strenuous ninety-minute game in Bethlehem Steel athletic field which was watersoaked last Saturday, the final score being 7-0 in favor of the Steelworkers.

Gilmore in goal made a very poor showing compared to his previous performance between the uprights a month ago. The Steelworkers lost the toss and were forced to defend the east goal. The play from the start was very slow due to the heavy muddy field. It was not till after thirteen minutes of play that McKelvey opened the scoring for the champions by rushing after Gilmore had fumbled a shot from Ratican, the All-Stars broke away but found it difficult to make headway against the formidable defense of the champions.

During the first half, goals by Ratican and Forrest were added, the score at half time being 3-0. In the second half McKelvey added two more goals and Pepper and Ratican one each, the final score being 7-0. During the second half, McKelvey had the honor of scoring the 100 goal this season for the champions.

Duncan - G - Gilmore
Fletcher - R. F. B. -- Valance
Ferguson L. F. B. -- Wilson
Clarke --- R. H. B. -- Rowlands
Campbell - C. H. B. -- Cragg
Kirkpatrick - L. H. B. -- Matthews
McKelvey - O. R. -- Burnett
Pepper - I. R. -- Graham
Ratican - C. F. -- Lance
Forrest - I. L. -- Irwin
Fleming - O. L. - W. Lewis
Linesmen - MacDonald and Witherspoon. Referee - H. A. Williams. Time of halves - 45 minutes.

Next Saturday, the biggest attraction ever staged in the Bethlehems will be the national champions vs. Pittsburgh in a United States championship game for the national title. An added attraction will be the Bethlehem Steel Company band. The work on getting the field in first class shape will begin at once and arrangements made for accommodating a record crowd are being made.

Bethlehem Steel Soccer Club